- 24-Jun-2014 to 31-Jul-2014 (PST)
- prince george, BC, CAN
- Full Time
Eligible for bebefits after successful completion of probation period (3 months)
The Fishery Biologist/ Aquatic Ecologist is a professional field leader and prepares reports, co-ordinate and review projects and programs, directs and monitors project activities, and oversees analysis of data and information. This position provides an opportunity in-office and field for challenging projects in the interior of British Columbia. This is a full-time position requiring relocation.
• Collect biophysical baseline data for environmental projects.
• Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team in project design and field data collection.
• Conduct data analysis and prepare reports.
• Field data collection may require remote camp work during the field season.
• The flexibility to work within other disciplines as needed would be an asset.
• May serve as a field crew lead as experience increases
• Professional Biologist in good standing with the B.C. College of Applied Biologists or eligible to become an RPBio within 6 months of employment.
• At least 2 years' experience in aquatic ecology, fisheries management. Previous experience in stream classification or hydrology and/ or conducting biophysical baseline and/or monitoring projects that comply with Environmental Assessment requirements are considered important asset.
• Ability and desire to work collaboratively, both in a lead and support role, with other environmental professionals.
• Class 5 Drivers licence
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings